Computer Setup For Windows Users
Window’s users – This is for you!
This course is recorded using a Mac and will be easiest for users with a MacOS – while you can use a linux or windows computer, I strongly favor MacOS. The development world is a Mac centric place.
You should be able to follow this basics course without a mac but there are a few options to have the most similar experience to the recordings:
- Try to follow along with whatever you have but plan to buy a Mac when you can afford it.
- Purchasing a Mac – options:
- https://macincloud.com – In all of these videos, I’m teaching with a virtual mac. They have a range of offerings but I recommend the dedicated version which is $50/month.
- Auctions at Shop Goodwill
- Apple.com for refurbished laptops – They really are just as good as the new ones but have a discount. Though, I’d recommend apple care plans.
- Install Mac OS on your Windows computer following Lloyd’s guide Below.
Here is the text file: https://share.drewlearns.com/L1uX7AxW
Download Virtual box here: https://www.virtualbox.org/
Download the MacOS image here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/4fcx0aeoehmbnmp/macOS+Monterey+by+Techrechard.com.iso/file