Window’s users – This is for you!
This course is recorded using a Mac and will be easiest for users with a MacOS – while you can use a linux or windows computer, I strongly favor MacOS. The development world is a Mac centric place.
You should be able to follow this basics course without a mac but there are a few options to have the most similar experience to the recordings:
- Try to follow along with whatever you have but plan to buy a Mac when you can afford it.
- Install Mac OS on your Windows computer following Lloyd’s guide here:
- https://macincloud.com – In all of these videos, I’m teaching with a virtual mac. They have a range of offerings but I recommend the dedicated version which is $50/month.
- Auctions at Shop Goodwill
- Apple.com for refurbished laptops – They really are just as good as the new ones but have a discount. Though, I’d recommend apple care plans.